Thursday 17 March 2011

The Queen of Happy

I wanted to share with you some feedback from a participant of the Yogic Diet 2011 retreat in Bali. Here is what she had to say:

Changes from Retreat:
Diet:
The foods we ate during the retreat left me feeling so good that I wanted to continue that when I got home. I am much more aware of what I eat and how it makes me feel. I have had a couple cups of coffee and a little wine and some meat. The coffee I really enjoyed, the wine just made me feel like crap, and the meat was good - but left me feeling heavy. I have also had some desserts too. The best part about what has changed is that I am enjoying a treat now and then (coffee, ice cream, etc), but then I move on and don't look back. Before I would have felt bad about myself and just totally went overboard and eaten everything bad for me all the time. Now I am not in an ALL of NOTHING mentality. I am excited enough about the foods that my husband is attempting a detox like diet for 5 days like we did during the retreat. We are doing the best we can to follow the guidelines and remembering what we ate. I am excited for him!

Lifestyle: My rut was a pretty deep one and I am having to work hard to get out of it. I am better but find it easy to slip back in. I am making more time for myself and using my time more effectively. I am more aware that I waste a lot of time and I am not sure on what (hence the waste). I do know that I was not taking care of me before the retreat. Now I am concentrating on making time for me (quality time).

Yoga: So I am hooked on yoga. It makes me feel great. I gained a lot of confidence in myself during the retreat. I can do it on my own with a video or just audio. I am working on a schedule so I can do it more often.

Positive Thinking: Overall I am more positive. I am very aware of my self talk and how it has not been positive. When I catch myself with negative thoughts I shift them to a positive.

During the retreat I lost 3 pounds and I have continued to lose another 3 pounds since I got home. I am very excited about this because I have had some splurges with my eating and I have not found the right routine to do regular exercise. So going back to that All of Nothing idea..... I have gotten away from that. I am physically active (but not as much as my goal is) and happy that I have done something. I am not beating myself up over not getting it all done. This is a big one for me.

Aspects in my life that have been influenced:
Diet - I am more aware of how foods affect me.
Body image - I look good. I am not seeing all the trouble spots I used to.
Exercise - I am more active.
Yoga - I want to do more and I have more confidence in my abilities.
Relationships - I am more calm with my children; I am using my law of attraction notes and it seems to be helping.
Meditation - I enjoy it, but must make more time for it! Miss it.

Insights:
From Tomasz - Seriously would be "NO DRAMA." He also taught me that I CAN do yoga!
From Monique - I can obtain what I am wanting and the law of attraction does work. I am an awesome person!

Thank you so much for this opportunity.
The Queen of Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment