Sunday 2 October 2011

Must Do Yoga

We have recently relocated from Indonesia to Kuwait. And it looks like this will be a great assignment for our family. Life will be the same, yet different here.

I am also the same and different here. In some ways, I feel like I left some luggage/baggage in Indonesia that I no longer need. For example, in Indonesia I was always on a bit of a diet. I was thinking about cutting carbs and I wouldn't hardly eat rice. But you can be sure that I got my carbs in other ways...because the body must have balance at the end of the day. You know it's true.

Here in Kuwait, I am eating basmati rice every day with my legumes, yogurt, and veggies. I have a bit of raw sugar and whole milk in my chai too. I am no longer on a "diet" and I feel great, look fine, and have lots of energy. I am not gaining weight and I feel very balanced.

I am also the same in this new location. I must do yoga. I experimented with morning exercise classes with my lovely new neighbors and friends and I found myself so off balance! The cardio and intense exercise felt great at the time (like a cup of strong coffee). However, my mind was more agitated and my energy would crash in the afternoons.

When I stay home to do my yoga practice, I feel light, energized, positive, focused, peaceful, clear, and basically happy and pleasant to be around.

Also, at a certain age, pounding and pounding takes its toll on the lower back and knees. Thank God for yoga! I feel so blessed to have this practice.

May your own practices grow and deepen. May they support you through the ups and downs and changes of life. Some practices of the Yogic Diet are: moderate exercise, good nutrition, positive thinking, prayer, study, service, and meditation.

Love and Blessings,
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment