Monday 13 September 2010

A Mirror

About ten years ago, I was visiting one of my teacher's ashrams and a woman who was leading one of the programs made an impression on me. She was beautiful, confident, down to earth, and warm. I noticed she was happily married to another yogi and they made a lovely couple. I remember feeling that I'd like to be like her. I wanted to be more powerful, confident, and whole in my life. I wanted my husband to join me more fully on the yogic path. It was an impression and a thought...and it was gone.

Fast forward ten years. Last summer, I was attending a retreat with my family at another one of my teacher's ashrams. The energy was as powerful as I remembered. I easily tapped into my own greatness and inner divinity and to that same greatness in others. This is the power of yoga. I watched my husband and children shift in powerful ways. It was an amazing retreat and a blessing for my family.

One evening, I sat down with some ladies that I had not had a chance to meet. We hit it off and began sharing about our lives. One lady shared that she was a life coach and had her own business. Wow, just like me. She also taught kid's yoga. Just like me. She was attending the retreat with her family. Just like me. She felt very powerful and strong in her life as she had healed many issues by following the path of yoga. She still sometimes struggles and is open and honest about that with her clients. Just like me.

Then it hit me. This was the woman that I had seen years ago. I asked her if she had indeed been there leading that program and she confirmed my intuition. The thought of wanting to be like her had manifested. Through grace, she had returned to mirror and show me how much progress I have made over the years. I told her my experience of wanting to be like her and we marveled over our parallel lives.

The magic, mystery, and power of yoga practices continues to amaze me. Yoga works. Yoga transforms. Yoga heals. Yoga empowers.

May the universe continue to guide each one of us toward the people, places, teachers, and ideas that show us a glimmer of who and what we are capable of being.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Very cool story... Yoga really does do wonders... I've noticed some startling changes like this even just after a few years.

    ReplyDelete